Historic Home
Restoration & Addition

This home & barn comes with a story....long before it knew 2 generations of the McCoy family and played host to 3 generations of Wyeths, it was briefly home to Swedish settlers who built the original log and mortar structure in the mid 1600's. It became part of the William Penn Land Grant in 1681. Benjamin Mendenhall then acquired what was once a 600 acre tract from Penn in 1703 and built his first addition to the house in the mid 1700's. In 1934 after 2 more owners, Jack McCoy purchased it as a wedding gift for his son and his bride, the youngest daughter of famed illustrator NC Wyeth. Ann Wyeth and painter John McCoy made it their home for the next 70yrs. and added another addition in 1958. Long known as the Ring Farm, the property today includes 12.75 acres along with a stone guesthouse, a stone outbuilding that serves as a 3 car garage and a 4 stall bank barn with a vast artist's studio loft.

- CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW -
550:368
550:368